Monday, May 18, 2009

At the Well-Titus 2

So here is your assignment: Write a fictitious Christmas newsletter to relatives without mentioning any outside activities or accomplishments. Write about the relationships in your family, the specialness of each person, the ways you areall growing in Christ.

Its been quite a year here in Iowa. The snow is already falling and we prepare for the celebration of our Savior, each of us is growing stronger in our Faith, in our relationship with Jesus Christ, and with each other.

Robert, Jr shared with us his friends from work. To my surprise, 3 out of the four couples I met were Christians. Robert had not invited us to spend time with the fellow employees before so it was treat for so many reasons. For one, we were spending time together as a couple which means everything to me. Two, our children were able to meet families of their father's friends, which as a new experience. Three, I know Robert has a good influence daily towards Christ, and I can see why he is so happy and that is a blessing for this wife to see.

Myself, well I was baptised a second time out of obedience to God. My way of thinking, behaving and relating has turned a 180 degrees. I knew God wanted me to renew my commitment to Him, so I obeyed. I have been studying closely what God wants for me as a wife and mother and that is my daily bread. I am a work in progress, but I am content.

Codi, our jewel, is getting older and understanding and aware of what is going on with her age and holding on to morals, and developing a sence of modesty. She understands God has a plan for her and cbeing pure of heart, mind and body will help her follow it.

Robert, III is a joy. He loves his father and is understanding through his father what responsiblity is, treating others with respect, and his closeness with the Lord and his Faith is strong.

Laura is our little wild one. We are working at 'spare the rod and spoil the child' with her.
Each time my patience has worn to thread bare, there is a hushed loving nudge reminding me we wanted her so much: She is a work in process. She prays for 'God to put his loving hands around her kittens and protect them' she tells me she 'wants to go see Jesus in Heaven, so bad'.
"Not yet, not yet", I say, "you have a whole life to live telling others about Jesus and how much he loves them...."


We pray that you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with love and happiness that comes from knowing and loving that Lord Jesus Christ. We pray that God will keep His loving arms around you and your family.

1 comment: