Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day & how we Spent It

Today began like any Sunday, except that at 6:00 a.m. instead of getting up I went back to sleep and did'nt arise until lil Robert came into the room, "Mom, its 8'oclock, we will miss the breakfast at church!" Oh no, I had been looking forward to this special time the men of our church were putting an effort into for Moms on our special day, and I really wanted to go. Excepting the fact I was going to not be there, I got up and began getting three kiddos ready for Sunday School and Church Service.
I cooked our breakfast, encouraged Laura to wear the dress I had gotten for her, and then got myself ready. Well, we rolled into the parking lot at 9:35. Late but we made it for Sunday School.
If you know me well, you know that in the last 2 years I have gotten closer to the Lord in my journey. I love living everyday for my Jesus, who rescued me from a pit so black, well, we can go there later.
Back at the church, to make a long, long story short. The message pastor delivered was so heartfelt. He shared the passage of Matthew 15:22.
The mother who approached Jesus three times, did not give up her faith that Jesus would help her daughter. And because of the mother's faith in Jesus, he granted her prayer. Don't give up your faith in Jesus' ability to help you, dear friend. Believe that His Father's Promises are true. Prayers are answered in time, keep faithful He is listening.
To all the Mothers out there, God Loves YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment