Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Temptation of Laziness


It is easy for me to fall into the temptation of being 'lazy'. I can look and find a million reasons not to put that laundry away. I can search and search and man o man, Jesus, that laundry is just too much for me.
Fast Forward, 'Julie, I have no socks...' from a hurried husband, my response, 'oh, there in that white basket...' a pause, a reflection, shame kicks in. Here he is, my hardworking man, without socks because I found flowers to weed, a window to wipe, because well, that laundry could just wait.
For me, if I prioritize my list of household duties, they get done. More often than not I will wake up early with that sweet whisper of gentle urging, get up and get going girl, you are the keeper of this home and today is your day to shine! So up I go, before anyone else is awake and I get something done. And that works for me. IF I actually get up and get moving!
Now, I am a work in progress, always. For days my poor kitties had to lay on some laundry, they loved having a soft spot to curl up on. But, I know my son did not appreciate the cat hair on his favorite base ball shirt. God has me, I am clay in His hands.
The most embarrassing point of having a 'lazy' day is when a 'drop by' guest sees the fruits of my unprioritizing, if that is'nt a kick in the pants to get up and get going-I don't know what else is.
I love my family. I love my home. I will just have to set that clock a little earlier to beat that temptation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment